1- Geography of Madagascar :
The island of Madagascar, located in the Indian Ocean, separated from the African coast by the Mozambique Channel, is the territory which occupies the Republic of Madagascar. Stretching over 1 600 km from the North to the South against 600 km from the west to the east, it is the fourth major island in the world with 592,000 km2 of the area and 20 million people. In the Northeast, these are only humid and luxuriant forests, where grows in foison one thousand species of orchids, of which vanilla, but also various creepers full of flowers, coffee trees, banana trees, cloves, pepper-pots and lichees. These forests give a contrast grabbing with the landscapes of the big south, which resemble the bush of Southern Africa and come down in dry savannas and sour undergrowth. The only touches of lively colour in this decor are given by the beaches of white sand and the emerald green of the sea of Mozambique Channel. Between these extreme landscapes, from Fianarantsoa to Antananarivo, there are the High central Lands which shelter green rice fields in terraces, of big eucalyptus and pinewood as far as the eye can see.
Because of its geographical situation, the climate of Madagascar is tropical along the coast, having tempered inside lands and semi arid in the south. The trade wind dominates the climatic regime of the island. Madagascar knows two seasons in general: a hot and humid season from November till April, then a dry season, more cool, from May till October. Climates are however very various according to altitude and region. The sea is stronger in the East, in Indian Ocean to the West in the Mozambique Channel.
- • Madagascar constitutes a true shrine of nature. The most part of its fauna and flora is endemic: as passengers' famous « tree » RAVENALA or its 1200 kinds of orchid or different kinds of Lemurs without speaking about his mining and marine treasures. In comparison with other islands of Indian Ocean, Madagascar still the charm of a virgin island continent not yet pervaded by wild tourism: it is Ecotourism with "E" because to visit Madagascar is to discover nature in its pure and noble. As on all islands of Indian Ocean, they find tropical fruits in abundance during all year as well beautiful hand-crafted products.
- • Population, Malagasy are the most peaceful throughout Africa. They are descendants of a crossbreeding g between the explorers Africans, Indonesian and Arabs. Apart from the ancestor worship which is still predominant, the most part of Malagasy are Christian and the minority is Muslim. . They belong to 18 ethnies scattered in 22 regions. The basic food is the rice.
- • Official language: Malagasy language but French is the second language spoken.
- • Time zone: GMT + 3
- • Local currency: the MGA (1 Euro = 2800 MGA, 1 U.S. dollar = 2.100 MGA)
- • The capital is Antananarivo. The national flag is (white, green and red)
4- Tourism infrastructure:
Madagascar begins to professionalize in international tourism. In all regions, hotels compete in beauty and in performance because each service offers circuits and clean menus in his region while looking after the needs of the tourists. Our Agency only work with renowned hotels to assure the comfort and safety of our customers during their stay in Madagascar.
5- Useful information:
To stay in Madagascar, is needed a visa issued in the airport with a valid passport during 6 months minimum. A tourist visa hard from 1 to 3 months and requires 60 about Euro.The visa i free for a stay less than 30 days
No specific vaccination is demanded in the airport but it is always necessary to envisage anti-malarial medicaments and essentials of dressings if they go to jungle and also of some solar cream as in all tropical regions. It is always necessary to drink some bottled water. The Malagasy people are very nice and obliging as long as they do not offend them on them usages or their way of life.